Building and Zoning

Building Inspector: Tracy Johnson, (608) 444-0372,
Dane County Zoning: (608) 266-4251,

Where do I obtain a building permit?
All building (additions, outbuildings and new construction, rezoning, driveways, etc.) in the Town must be approved by the Land Plan Commission, the Town Board, and Dane County Zoning. Contact the Town Clerk for information regarding how to proceed with your project. Approval times vary so start early so you have time to complete the process before you begin.

Uniform Permit Application